The Alexandra at Western Terrace in Yeovil was a Citylodge when investigated in 2012. This shot taken around 1974 when it was a Bass Charrington pub. The Alexandra was built shortly after the Yeovil Town Railway Station that came into existence in 1861. The pub/hotel was named after Princess Alexandra of Denmark, consort to King Edward 7th who married her in 1863. Later, in the 1990s the pub was modernised and changed its name to The Alex but closed by 1995. Historical information courtesy of Bob Osborn at www.Yeovilhistory.info.
For commercial use of this photograph please visit www.alamy.com and search for A691GO but for a one off print, please see below.
Location: 13-16 Western Terrace, yeovil, Somerset, BA20 1NB England
Negative Owner Clive Thompson LRPS